About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009



This is the tag we'll be making, another nice easy scrappy tag. So, here's what you'll need:

• Tube I used were by Suzanne Woolcott and available for purchase at her shop and may only be used with appropriate license, please do not use this tube if you do not have a license to do so.

• Mask I used was from Vix, you can get it here please read and follow her generous TOU, I used mask 416.

• I used the scrapkit Babes in Toyland by the talented Missy Lynn which is available for sale at Scraps with Attitude.

• Wordart piece of your choice.

• The filters I used were Eye Candy 4 Gradient Glow, Glass, and Xero Porcelain (purely for enhancing effects).

• Font used was Tango, but use whatever font you wish.


Okay ready, let's go make a pretty Holiday tag!

• Open a new image with a white background, 700 X 700. I like to start big so I have lots of room to see what I'm doing, we can re-size and crop later to preference. Paste frame 5, re-sizing to your preference. Using paper 8, I colorized using hue and saturation of 210 & 172. Using your magic wand tool, click inside one of the circles in the frame, making sure you get as much of the inside selected as possible, expand selections by 5 and paste paper as a new layer underneath the frame. I re-sized the paper by about 50% and moved around so the start you could see near the top of the open circle. Invert selections and delete, select none. Duplicate that purple layer and mirror so it shows all nice and pretty in the other side of the frame.

• On frame layer, take magic wand and select the white, I had my tolerance at about 25 so it was easy to select most of it in 2 clicks. Add a new layer and paste that colorized paper into selection and change the blend mode to Soft Light. This give it a nice real light purple texture to the frame.

• On white background layer, select all, add a new layer and paste the colorized paper into selection again. Apply Vix's pretty mask to it. I merged layer group and used my deform tool to make sure that the mask had the proportions I wanted for the tag. At this point I cropped some of the excess white background down.

• Let's add the tube now! Select inside one of the frame again like you did before when adding the purple background, expanding selections by 5. Paste the tube below the frame and re-size to your liking. Invert your selection and press delete after you have her situated all nice. Select none, duplicate, and mirror. You may need to adjust the placement just a smidge.

• Using Bow 8, colorize like done with the paper, copy and paste on top of the frame, rotating to the left by 80 degrees and re-size to your liking. Duplicate and mirror and move them closer together so it looks like a seamless big bow, merge layer down when happy with it and center in the frame (see my tag for example). Grab flower 1 and colorize like above and paste into center of bow and re-size to your liking (I re-sized by about 25%).

• Add any other elements you like, I had used the adorable bear in the kit to sit in front of it. I also took the purple candy cane and rotated and sized down and duplicated so it looked like 2 criss crossing. Add any wordart you like at this point too and use effects to your liking. With wordart, I tend to make them into a brush so that I can colorize easily and add any effects I like. On this one I applied an inner bevel, Eye Candy Glass, and Eye Candy Gradient Glow.

• Re-size the entire tag to your liking, sharpening and adding any drop shadows as necessary. With the tube layer, after sharpening, I duplicated the tube layer, moving it below the original one, applying a gaussian blur of 2. On the original (top) tube layer, I applied Xero Porcelain and changed the blend mode to Screen. Add the artist's copyright and your tagger's watermark if you use one.

• Add your text at this point. I chose to use Tango and used a purple in the color of the paper I had used for the background. For effects, I did a gel-like inner bevel fave setting I like to use, Eye Candy Glass, and Eye Candy Gradient Glow. I swear I can't do text without my gradient glow!

That's it, we're done! I hope you've enjoy this tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on December 7, 2009, absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any part that may be similar to any tutorial is purely coincidental and unintended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews