About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Monday, January 18, 2010


This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Pink Chocolate scrapkit by Fantasy Moments, please leave some love if you download!

• I used a tube of Rion Vernon's which is available for purchase at CILM. Please do not use this tube if you do not have appropriate license to do so.  His art tubes are available for purchase now at CDO.

• I used template 11 by Babe and you can get it at her blog, please leave some love if you download.

• I used Xenoflex 1 Shower Door, Mura Meisters Copies, Eye Candy Gradient Glow, and Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow for filters.

• Fonts used were Harmonica and Oh La La which unfortunately I cannot supply but use whatever font you like!



Okay ready, let's go make a really easy temp tag!

• Open up Babe's awesome template, duplicate the image and close out original and delete the credits layer. On the dotted half circle layer, select all, float, defloat, invert select, paste paper of choice (I used paper 17) as a new layer. On the new layer, press delete, select none and delete original. Do the same with small rec inner layer, I used the same paper. Repeat same process with small rec outer layer this time use a contrasting color or paper, I used paper 8.

• On Circle layer, select all, float, defloat, and invert selection, paste paper of choice as a new layer, re-size paper if you like. I chose to use paper 5, press delete, select none, and delete original circle layer. I repeated these same steps on the bars and large rec outer layers. Do the same also with large rec inner layer, on that layer I used paper 4. There we go starting to look purdy right?

• Okay at this point I added a very slight gradient glow to a few of the layers (the circle, the outer large frame, and the bars layers). I just used Eye Candy 4 gradient glow and a brown color with a width of 3, use whatever you think looks good for your tag though! Now lets add our tube of course! I had mine on the layer large rectangle inner layer but below the frame. Once you have her re-sized and situated how you like, select all, float, defloat and on the large rectangle outer layer, grab your eraser tool and erase the bits of the frame that you want to erase if any. Select none.

• At this point I re-sized my tag to how I want it to be in the end. I know it's early, but it's because of the next step lol. On your bars layer, add a new layer and let's add some text, I chose to use the text "Angel Eyes". Using your Oh La La font (or whatever pixel font you like best) I typed those words, select none (try to have it somewhere in the middle of the image) and go to Mura Meisters Copies filter and I used the tiling setting, I didn't change any of the default settings except I changed the tile gap to 2. Apply the filter. Now take your mover tool and line up one of them so it fits in one of the bars nicely. Using your magic wand tool, on the bars layer, click inside so that the 1 bar is fully selected, invert your selections. On the text layer that you just applied the filter to, press delete. You should now have a single line of Angel Eyes text. Duplicate 3 times so you have a total of 4 layers of this line. Move each of of them to each bar layer, lining up as closely as possible. Once happy, merge the 4 lines together so you have one layer of the text.

• Add any elements of choice now, I just added a few bows and stuff to pretty it up a little. Now close out your white background layer, and go to copy merged, this will copy everything on the canvas that is visible. On the white background layer, paste as a new layer. You may need to adjust that bottom layer so it lines up with the rest of the tag more closely (I had to move mine up a little bit). At this point I did widen my canvas a bit for the next bit. On that layer you just pasted apply a gaussian blur of about 15 and then apply Xenoflex 1 Shower Door, I just used the default settings.

• Now add any kind of drop shadows you wish (I used Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow on some of them). Now add the artist's copyright and your tagger's watermark. All that's left is to add your text. I applied a nice gel inner bevel setting, gradient glow, and a drop shadow for effects on that. Use whatever your favorite font settings are.

• Important! Because you used a template, be sure that you re-sized the DPI to 72.00 if you used a PTU image, this is something most agencies require. To do this, go to re-size your image, uncheck resize sampling, and change the resolution to 72.00 and press OK.

• Alright that's it! Very easy tag using a template and free scrap kit. Hide the white background layer if you like transparent tags and save as a png and you're all done. I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on January 18, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews