About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Thursday, January 14, 2010



This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• S.W.A.K. scrapkit made by the awesome QueenBrat it is available for purchase at her store. This kit is chock full of awesome goodies!

• I used a tube of Jamie Kidd's which can be purchased at CILM. Please do not use this tube if you do not have appropriate license to do so.  CILM is now closed, however you can now purchase Jamie's tubes at CDO here.

• I used mask 320 from Vix, she has so many great ones! Go here to get them and please read and follow her TOU.

• Template I used was template 317 by the talented Missy of Divine Intentionz, please leave some love if you download.

• I used a few filters in this one lol, they were: Tramages Tow the Line, Eye Candy Gradient Glow, Xero Porcelain, and Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow

• Font used was Heartland Regular which can be found at daFont or you can use font of your preference.



Okay ready, let's go make a purdy taggy!

• Open up Missy's template, I re-sized the canvas 700 x 700 so we had lots of nice space to work with. I also unhid the bottom layer and flood filled white so it made it easier for me to see what I was doing. Delete the credits layer. On top of background layer, select all, float, defloat, add a new layer and paste paper of choice into new layer, I used paper 12. Apply Vix' beautiful mask and merge layer group. I deleted thin rectangle layer as I chose not to use it.

• On Circle1 layer, select all, float, defloat, add new layer, and flood fill with a color from your tube (I used a nice red from her dress). Apply Tramages Tow the Line filter with default settings to the red circle. Select none and delete original Circle1 layer. On Oval layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selection, paste paper of choice (I used paper 1) re-size a little if you wish and then press delete. Select none and delete original Oval layer.

• On Circle2 layer, select all, float, defloat, expand by 1, flood fill with color of choice (I just used black) and select none. Do same with Circle 3 layer and I just used the red color from before again. I left Raster 2 as it was. On small circle layer, select all, float, defloat and paste paper of choice (I used paper 6) as a new layer, re-size a little if you like. Invert your selection and press delete. Select none and delete original small circle layer. I left small circle 2 layer as is. On the brush layer, I used my manual color correction tool to change the pink to a pretty red that matched the dress again.

• On wordart by Missy layer, I chose every other letter, expanded by 1, added new layer and flood filled black. I applied a nice inner bevel. Did that again for the other letters words. See my tag for reference. Once you are happy with the looks of it, merge down so it's all one layer again.

• Add the tube above the white paper layer but below the wordart. After re-sizing if you wish, on the white paper layer, I selected all, float, defloat, expand selection by 1, invert, and on the tube layer, grabbed my eraser tool and erased the bottom part that was hanging over the circle. This makes her look nice and blended into the tag, no rough edges.

• Add elements of choice to your tag. I added one of the balloons, re-sizing and rotated having it appear behind the one circle a bit so it looks like it's coming out from behind. Added some bows and ribbons to pretty it up so it looks like the tube is all wrapped up. Once I had the ribbon 2 re-sized and situated, on the bigger black circle, I selected all, float, defloat, expand by 1, invert selection and on the ribbon wrap layer press delete. This makes it look like the ribbon is wrapping around the circle. I also took the Lips1 element, and used my manual color correction tool to match the lips to the deep red again (what can I say I love red!) and rotated and re-sized so I could place inside heart.

• At this point I re-sized my tag to what the ending size was going to be, sharpening any layers that need it and applying drop shadows. I used Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow on a few of these layers, but if you don't have the filter you can get similar effects with the drop shadow function in PSP. I applied a very subtle Eye Candy Gradient Glow around the tramages circle layer and the oval circle layer. Add the artist's copyright to the tag and also your tagger's watermark if you use one.

• On the tube layer, I applied Xero Porcelain (default settings), duplicated, moved that copy below original tube applying a gaussian blur of 1 to that layer. On the original tube layer, I changed the blend mode to Soft Light.

• All that's left is to add your text, I used Heartland Regular with a nice inner bevel setting and then Eye Candy Gradient Glow with an Eye Candy Perspective Shadow. These are all just preference so however you like to do your text.

• That's it! I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and you found it easy to do.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on January 14, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews