About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Monday, March 15, 2010



This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• A scrapkit of choice. Normally I can supply a link, it was a free kit I got from Kat NKDA however the free kit called Black Widow that I used is no longer on there. Sorry! But any kit you choose will work fabulous I'm sure. I really only used 3 grunge-like papers and a floral embellishment.

• Rose's No Drama template which can be found on her blog, thank you Rosey!  Updated 8/22/14 - it's her template #61 links on right side for her bulk files :)

• I used a tube of Greg Horn's which I purchased and is available for purchase at CILM. Please do not use this tube if you do not have appropriate license to do so.

• I used a mask from the Creative Misfits blog, the one I chose to use was szg587.

• Filters I used were Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow, Eye Candy 4000 Glass, Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow, Super Blade Pro (coconut ice setting) and Xero Porcelain.

• Font I used was Ketchup Spaghetti which you can get here.

• Also I used the following element which I'll share with you, it's in png format so just right click and save:




I don't know who this element belongs to, but if you it belongs to you please let me know and I can either take down or give you the proper credit you deserve thank you ♥



Okay ready, let's go make a really easy scrappy tag!

• Open up Rose's awesome template, duplicate and close out the original so you can use again later. I changed canvas size to 700x600 so I had lots of nice room to work with, we can always re-size and crop later as need be. On Raster 1 layer you may need to re-flood fill white with the re-sizing of canvas. Alright let's work our way up the template!

♦ Rectangle: Select all, float, defloat, paste paper of choice (I used paper 12) as a new layer, invert your selections, re-size the paper to your liking I re-sized mine by 75%. Press delete, select none, and delete the original Rectangle layer. At this point you can add a nice eye candy gradient glow of your choosing. Mine looked something like this and on first page settings of 5, 25, 100:




♦ Octagon: Repeat same steps as Rectangle layer, this time I chose to use paper 6 instead. If it suits your tag, you may want to change around the colors of your gradient glow, instead of the magenta color first, have black and vice versa, all personal preference though.

♦ Bottom Left Rectangle: Change the color from gray to black. I used my manual color correction tool with these settings:




with manual color correction, easy thing to remember source is what it is now and target is what you want it to be. I love my manual color correction tool!

♦ Top Right Rectangle: Repeat same steps as Bottom Left Rectangle. Once you've done that merge down to the Bottom Left Rectangle, I have them doing same thing in the end so might as well be one layer LOL.

♦ Copy of Raster 2 (I know I skipped Raster 2 but there's a good reason lol), merge this layer down to Raster 2. Now that we've got one layer, using your manual color correction tool change the color of the text. Change your source color to white, and target to whatever you want, I used a nice pretty magenta color in one of the papers from the kit. Apply an inner bevel of your choosing and then I applied a gradient glow of choice. You may want to change the width down on the first tab of the Gradient Glow filter, I changed mine to width of 3.

♦ Top Left pink square: I made a gradient of the black and magenta colors using the foreground background gradient and I set the angle to 45 and repeats of 3. On your top left pink square layer, flood fill, it should look fine and dandy that way. Select all, float, and defloat, and I took the tube and pasted, re-size as you find appropriate and once you have her positioned in that square as you want, invert selections and press delete. Select none. Change the blend mode to what you think works best, I changed mine to Screen. Back on the top left pink square layer, apply a gradient glow of your liking.

♦ Bottom Right Pink Square: Repeat same steps as Top Left pink square. Only difference I made is had the tube's headshot facing inwards (see my tag for reference).

♦ Middle Rectangle: Select all, float, and defloat, paste paper of choice as a new layer, invert selections and re-size paper to liking (I re-sized at 75%), press delete, and select none. Delete middle rectangle layer. Add a gradient glow of your liking to this new layer.

♦ Wordart: Using color correction tool change the white to a color of choice, I used a magenta color again. After it's changed, select all, float, and defloat and apply Super Blade Pro coconut ice setting. I then also applied ........... you guessed it a gradient glow lol.

♦ Dotted Lines: Using color correction tool, I changed the lines from white to a magenta color and also applied a very light gradient glow of black and magenta.

Ahhhhhhhhhh it's looking pretty yes?

• Add your tube as you see fit. I think this tube worked perfectly in this tag because of the perspective of how she appears to be standing on the sign lol. Re-size your tube if need be. At this point add any drop shadows (I used mostly Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow but you can use the drop shadow function in psp too if you don't have the filter). Add whatever embellishments you want to the tag, I used the Bitch in Training charm and also a floral embellishment from the kit.

• On your white background layer, add a new layer and flood fill with the gradient you created earlier. Apply your mask and if happy merge layer group. I re-sized my mask layer by about 95% percent and then I noticed just a few stray edges on the sides so I used my smudge tool to blend it in a little.

• At this point, I re-sized my entire tag by about 90%. I know I know not much but I like my tags big LOL. After re-sizing add the artist's copyright and of course your tagger's watermark. I always do this step after re-sizing so that my © info is as clear as possible. Sharpen any layers that need it and I applied Xero Porcelain to the main tube layer, gave her a nice glow that way.

• Now all that is left to do is your text! I used the font Ketchup Spaghetti and just used the color black, applied an inner bevel along with Eye Candy 4000 Glass (tint on white), Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow, and a nice drop shadow.

Wooohooo that's it! We're done, I hope you've enjoyed this nice easy template tag.


This tutorial was written by Tonya on March 15, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

1 comment:

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews