About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Monday, May 16, 2011




This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

•  I used a mask from the awesome Melissa, please leave some love if you download.  I used mask 6.

• Tube I used was by Keith Garvey which is available for purchase through PSP Tubes Emporium, any tube that you wish to use will do though.  Please do not use the tube I used without a proper license to do so.

• Filters I used were Xenoflex 2 Constellation, Xero Porcelain, Super Blade Pro, Eye Candy 4000 Glass, and Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow.

• Brushes of choice

• Font used was Caramel Candy which is a pay font and I cannot supply, however any pretty font will do.



Okay ready, let's go, this is super easy!  Back to the old style psp tags we learned on before scrapping came into the picture lol!

•  Open up a new canvas 700 x 700 with a white background.  (If you don't like the white background you can close it off later no worries).  Chose 2 matching colors from your tube to create a foreground-background gradient.  I used 2 peachy colors from the tube that I used.  I had mine set to sunburst in the gradient style at a 0 degree and repeats of 4.  Add a new layer and flood fill that layer.  Apply Melissa's mask 6 to it.  DO NOT MERGE yet lol.  

•  Paste the closeup of your tube on top of the gradient layer but below the mask layer.  Re-size if you like, I didn't bother to do that, I just moved it over the right a bit.  Duplicate and mirror and arrange so it looks however you want.  Merge down so that your 2 closeup tubes are on one layer.  Duplicate.  On the top copy apply a gaussian blur of about 5 and choose the Screen blend mode and lower the opacity to about 55.  On the gradient layer, I applied Xenoflex 2 Constellation with the following settings:



•  Merge your mask layer group.  Add a new layer under the mask layer and making sure that your materials palette still has your gradient colors selected apply a doodle brush in a couple places so that it looks like it's peeking behind the mask layer.  See my tag as an example.  Add another layer and still beneath the mask layer, I added a few more brushes, the ones I used were by Distinct but anything with a swirly pretty pattern will do beautifully.  This is where you can make your tag truly your own.

•  Copy and paste the tube as a new layer on top of the mask layer, I used the half body one (or full tube) instead of the close-up here.  Re-size to your liking and once happy, apply any tube effects you like such as Xero Porcelain (for example), drop shadow, etc.

•  Because I don't like when tubes are 'cut-off' so to speak I wanted to hide how her legs ended, so I took my preset shape tool, set on ellipse with the foreground closed off and background just using one of my peachy colors from my gradient I made earlier.  I drew a nice oval and once I was happy with where it was positioned, I converted to a raster layer.  Select all, float, de-float and apply Super Blade Pro with the 'coconut ice' setting.  Once happy, select none.  

•  Add a new layer and grab your brush tool again (LOL I love using brushes!) and I added some cloud brushes over the oval just to give it a bit of a dreamy appearance.  You may find need to do a few of them.  Once happy, re-size your tag to it's final ending size however you want that to be.  Do an sharpening of images that need it and of course any drop shadows if not done already.  Add a new layer and add your artist copyright information and if you use a tagline.  

•  Now just do your text, I had mine placed on that oval we made earlier and used the font Caramel Candy however any nice pretty font will do.  I just used the peach color I did my oval in and applied the Super Blade Pro coconut ice setting again, as well as Eye Candy 4000 glass (it gives a little extra shine to it) and then gradient glow with Eye Candy 4000 and of course a nice drop shadow.

•  Hide or delete your white background, optimize as a png and voila you're done!

That's it!  I hope you've enjoyed this very easy tutorial. 



This tutorial was written by Tonya on May 16, 2011 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tut. I really like to 'old style' stuff, keeps our actual psp skills fresh, lol. Now I like the scrap tuts too, but these kinds of tuts are really helpful, especially for those new to psp. Good way to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews